Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 8:42:36 AM UTC
DESIGN & STYLE
Great design allows you to own and really live in the kitchen you love.
A well-designed kitchen will not only look good and flow but also create more storage on the inside than it appears from the outside.
When planning a great kitchen, smarter kitchens always considers the following aspects in coordination; Smarter designs and styles (see below), Smarter space & function and Smarter colours & finishes, read on to learn more…
Smarter Designs & Styles
It is likely you’ll demand a lot from your kitchen: a place to share a love for food and for family and friends to gather. A place to entertain or retreat to, and of course, it has to actually work for things to be where you need them, accessible and simple. Above all, you have to love the space (everyone does) or it won’t be the heart of your home!
So whether you prefer the kitchen design style of a modern entertainer, a classic chef, a traditional elegance (or perhaps all of the above), smarter kitchen designs will address all your needs and tailor your style to your kitchen design.
Regardless of what style you like, our award winning smarter kitchen designers will always consider the following:
- Ergonomic perfection
- Spatial practicality and efficiency
- Suitability for the intended function
- Maximum quality within budget
Kitchen Design – Key Ideas
Trends come and go, but good design lasts the test of time. When thinking about the colours you love, consider the following 10 tips:
- A neutral colour for cabinetry is a safe bet for a result that won’t date.
- You can use your cabinetry colour as your ‘base palette’ for a family of tones.
- You can build contrast with featured elements.
- If you want to be daring, make bold use of colour.
- Darker colours below and lighter above give an uplifting effect.
- For a striking effect, mix bold cabinetry with subtle colour elsewhere.
- Even in a neutral-tone kitchen, it is best to avoid monotony. Treat the eye to a least subtle tonal variation.
- Avoid clashes. Your eyes and gut will know! If you grit your teeth or get a knot in your stomach, don’t use it!
- Tell your designer what you like then trust them to help you with the best colour combinations for your style.
Knowing what the latest trends in Kitchen finishes are is just part of the process, understanding how they can work for you and stay relevant over the years takes experience.
Kitchen Cabinetry, Drawers, Corners, Pantry, Splash Backs and Bench Tops all come in different styles, shapes finishes and colours. The decisions can be daunting but our designers will help guide you through this process and select the best finishes to suit your style and budget.
- Melamine /laminate
- Cold Pressed Foil
- Paint/2 Pack
- Stainless Steel
- Solid Timber
- Natural stone
- DuPont Solid Surface
- Reconstituted Stone
To find out which finishes are best for your kitchen, contact us on (03) 9571 7222 for a free initial consultation and you’ll be living in the kitchen you love before your know it.Posted in: Kitchen by Administrator